View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
purplerat
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempseylicious23
I fail to explain it because no one outside EA's Madden division is going to know exactly how OVR impacts sim stats.

Look, you're insulting my intelligence at this point. Of course a situation where you have a 90 WR vs 85 CB doesn't just gift wrap the WR a win every time. That would be silly.

I also never said that OVR was the penultimate determining factor. I'm simply saying it COULD be. I'm not sure why you feel the need to rebut every point I make (well, not every point, you didn't feel the need to include my car analogy or my YPC vs YAC retort I see). I'm only purporting that it COULD be AWR, or it COULD be OVR, and that there is potentially a way to try to determine which is more important to simulation stats.
I'm not expecting you to have the actual explanation on how it works, but if you think it factors in then it would only make sense to have at least some guess on how it may work. I fail to see any useful explanation of how OVR would practically be used in determining sims. Maybe this is because I have some experience programming simulations and understand why the Madden OVR would be a poor value to use in the type of simulation I believe is being run.

The point I'm trying to get at is that Overall ratings in Madden are 100% dependent variables and therefore have little to none utility in a complex simulation engine which has direct access to all of the independent variables. It would be a failing on the part of the developers if it were the case that OVR directly influenced the results of the simulation.