Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #477
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yes I implemented his playbooks onto my roster, it did help alot, but I still had to tweak the bigmen here and there to make sure the post players were efficient and deadly from the post.
I haven't had time to get any games in lately (too many papers, projects, and finals to study for). When I first implemented my sliders, though, I was seeing the dominant big men get their touches and double teams were often needed in order to slow them down.

The best results I ever got out of the post game was when I was testing some of my pre-patch sliders. I think I had Attack the Basket at 30, Take Post Shots at 75, and Look for Post Players at 100. The AI post players were TOO dominant, as Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph routinely combined for 40+ points while making 80% of their shots.

Unfortunately, while the AI was looking to the post at a realistic rate, they were also reverting back to the "force my way into the paint" philosophy on offense, leaving the mid-range and 3PT shooting almost completely ignored. The PiP was somewhere around 75% of the AI's total points, so I had to change the tendencies :/

When I get back to testing, I will probably try these values once again, as the new playbooks should help to alleviate the PiP problem as more players are now utilized in the AI's offense.