View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Inferno2ss
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Few questions, regarding schemes, types, development

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Yes. You can tell that this is the case by choosing, say "Power Back" as your HB setting. Given that I use the Raiders, McFadden drops to an 82, so he does have some power, but otherwise good HBs like Goodson drop into the 60s (from the high 70s). Conversely, if you go "Speed Back," then McFadden, Goodson, and Jones will be reasonably rated and Jeremy Stewart, who actually plays pretty well in the game, will be rated in the 50s.

It's a weird system in that regard, so you just gotta know how it works and make sure you have guys with important skill sets that don't fit the designed parameters perfectly. You want a "Possession" guy in your WR corps even though you might have the overall preference for "Speed," etc.
I was starting to wonder the same thing. I changed my WR1, WR2 etc to speed and suddenly Devin Hestor is rated a 88 ovr but still cant catch. lol

Conversely I couldnt figure out why my DTs both started to drop in ratings. I run a 4-3 and am in season 2, I switched my DTs setting to be run stoppers and suddenly Klug and Melton both who are fairly young went from 80 to 75 and 73. The team is the #1 seed and #3 defense in the AFC and Klug is leading the AFC in pro bowl balloting for DTs so it makes no sense that he suddenly dropped like 7 points unless this is true.

I played my game last night and Klug and Melton were all over the field like usual. I am going to have to change those settings back and see what happens to Hestor, Klug and Melton. I will let you know.

The whole thing is kind of confusing to me. When you go into FA it will show one rating for a player, then when you click to negotiate half the time there is a different rating and then you get them and there rating is different yet again. But not with every player. I think they use different rating systems for the ovr on different sections of the game or something.

Last edited by Inferno2ss; 12-13-2012 at 09:21 AM.