View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
tabarnes19_SDS
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
It's not a new difficulty level, but like I said, a "hand-holding" mode of the game for those who haven't discovered batting/pitching practice. I'm not sure why you and other's can't wrap your brains around the fact that there's already a game mode designed to help people learn to hit (and pitch). Why adding something else was deemed necessary is beyond me. Oh, and BTW: hitting is supposed to be hard. Hitting a baseball is supposed to be the hardest thing in sports to do. God forbid that should be accurately reproduced....

And if the senior producer of the game truly came up with this, then I'd personally want a new one heading up the direction of this game. While this is a great baseball game (and probably best all-time), I can think of 100 things I'd rather see done to further the reality of this game rather than "beginner's mode". I'm actually saddened that 2K is no longer in the baseball biz. Everything I've read so far about MLB13 says "coasting" to me. With no competition, that's exactly what I'm seeing from early impression about the game so far.

But it's all about what's on the back of the case, a "selling point" for the game sites to talk about...instead of fixing other, much needed gameplay elements.
Baseball is not one of the most popular games for kids. I understand why the developers are trying to make the game accessable to all, think about the 5 year old that does not understand the intricacies of baseball. After trying the game they may get bored or frustrated and never purchase the game again.

By having this it allows the game to push more units and keep baseball gaming for all of us. This will not affect how the ones on OS play the game in any way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove