View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #1142
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

RE-POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making it “RAIN”…. SLIDER WIZ STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Wiz’s XMAS SLIDERS

Here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Since I have dropped several beta sets thus far, this set will be coined the “Xmas Sliders”. Please be advised that these sliders are beta sliders.

A TON of HOURS have been put into these sliders, so if you plan on using them, USE THEM AS IS, DO NOT MODIFY THEM… All aspects of true sim football work with these sliders. The CPU run game will work. The CPU pass game will work. The HUM run game works. The HUM pass game works. The CPU run defense works. The CPU pass defense works. The HUM run defense works. The Hum pass defense works.

“Works” means that with PROPER strategy, you CAN STOP the CPU and the CPU can stop the HUM…. I have played these sliders AS EVERY TEAM. Meaning I have been the QB, the RB, the WR, the DEF, the special teams for every team… I have played as every team, at least six games… Trust me, the sliders work… In my lab I have seen all types of games…. Blowouts, nail biters, come-from-behinds to win, come-from-ahead to lose, boring games, edge of my seat games, CPU run game dominant games, HUM passing sucky games, etc…. Through it all, I stayed the course…. I did not quit out, and tweak sliders and then reboot….

Just because you get blown out by the CPU, or vice versa, you blow out the CPU, does not mean that you need to tweak or find new sliders. STICK with them…. You will get better, smarter, and soon will be having the absolute most enjoyable Madden experience in the history of all Madden video game titles…

Are they perfect? No. But that has a lot to do with the god awful A.I. that we are given to work with and where EA Sports puts their priorities…. Recently a guy (AJ Dembroski … http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/12/03...isappointments ) on the Madden Dev Team posted a twitter rant about exactly why Madden never fulfills its potential… You should read it.

So, going forward, I will not respond to any comments related to, or originating from, bad A.I. (ex. Why does the LE sack me so much? Why does the CPU call so many run plays at the most inopportune times? Why does the CPU break so many tackles? Yada, yada, yada)… Zip it, and suck it… I do, and so do thousands of other veteran Maddenites. Learn to live with it and work around it.

To succeed with these sliders you are going to have to know how to play football… Linebackers are not DB’s, so do not expect your linebackers to provide you with good man-to-man coverage, and in a lot of instances, most LB’s provide crappy zone reads. DB’s do not tackle well, so DO NOT expect your DB to tackle Arian Foster, that rarely happens on Sundays. In other words, UNDERSTAND what a run defense is, what are its strengths and weaknesses. Pass defenses do not make good run defenses, so understand their strengths and weaknesses.

Fumbles should happen, as well as drops, penalties and interceptions. Learn to appreciate them, they are what create DRAMA on Sundays.

Capiche?

Good…. Let’s move forward…

Areas IN PARTICULAR that I personally am not satisfied with, YET, are: the turnovers, CPU run game, injuries, sacks, tackles behind the line, dropped passes, AUTO-SUBS, Fatigue setting and injury setting… Please play close attention to these areas as you test these bad boys and provide me feedback on your experiences and suggestions…. I NEED YOUR HELP TO GET THESE ISSUES RIGHT!!!!! THIS IS WHY I AM DROPPING THEM NOW, SO THAT WE CAN PLAY, PLAY, PLAY and YOU PEEPS CAN LET ME KNOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON DEALING WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED ISSUES….

Please note that these sliders are TRUE ALL-MADDEN sliders, not any of that “fake” ALL-MADDEN/CUSTOM slider setting dung that has been stinking up the joint

Requirements for testing

1) A notebook and #2 pencil to jot down notes and "oddities"

2) Play at least 6 games, as is, no tweaks, and track stats accordingly

3) For the 6 games that you play, the only house rules will be: 1) you can switch playbooks to improve CPU playbook prior to starting a game 2) “pinky promise” to yourself, to not abuse the "money plays" that you discover as you play your 6 games 3) GameFlow, for the first two plays, you control third down (if you do not want to GameFlow, then freestyle it, BUT you better honor the “pinky promise”, because I will know based on your final box scores if you did not 4) Last two minutes of each half, FREE PLAY, no GameFlow 5) Use right stick only to kick field goals, except when inside the 10 yard line, at that point you can aim with the left joystick first, before kicking the rock.
Please note that there is NO SHAME in losing with these suckers…. The games are always FAIR, and you will LOSE if you do not understand how to play football properly. It’s not just about chucking it with these bad boys, you need to understand your personnel, you opponents weaknesses & strengths, the art of knowing when to leave the pocket, how to set up your blockers on runs, how to properly use zones and blitzes, field position, pinning your opponent inside his 20 year line, etc…

What we want to track:

1) the individual stats for the QB, RB, WR's

2) the global stats for the Defense (ie total sacks, int.'s, forced fumbles)

3) Track: Fumbles, drops, break tackles (for RB's and WR's/TE's), total # of penalties per team

4) How many punts inside the 20 your punter nailed

5) Total plays

6) This next part is more subjective: Ebb and flow of the game.... Try to answer the following questions:
a) Did the gameplay, "stress" you? Meaning, did you feel that if you lost focus of your defensive or offensive play-calling, or didn't field position properly, it would cost you the game?
b) Did the gameplay reflect the key strengths/weaknesses of the team you faced? Meaning, that stars, should play as such and duds should play as such. Rodgers and Matthews for GB, Gore and 49'ers D for the 49'ers, Forte and Bear's D for da Bears, horrible Run D for the Faiders, horrible pass D for the Titans, etc.. So as an example, if you post up a stats against the Faiders, you better have OUTSTANDING rushing numbers for your RB, and this would constitute the gameplay reflecting the key weakness of playing the Faiders..
c) How was the competitive balance of the game? Meaning did the stars step up and did you have to "game plan" against them to neutralize their impact on your game? We are hoping that we can get the CPU A.I. to challenge us through the studs of the game.... i.e. Big hitters create fumbles, ball hawks intercept poorly thrown balls, elite QB's shred average D's, elite RB's truck average D's, and so on...
d) Did at any point did you feel that it was "impossible/extremely difficult" to game plan against a particular strength or player of your CPU opponent.... And vice versa, did the gameplay seem that you could just have your will with the CPU opponent?
e) How did strategy work in the gameplay?
Meaning, if you bring a blitz on a pass play, more times than not, did it cause a poor decision by the CPU QB or not? Does pressure cause the CPU to commit more unforced errors? And vice versa, if you "sit back" in zones, does an good team pick you apart? Were you forced to use more TE's to protect your QB from the onslaught of pressure from the CPU?
f) Did the pressure and recognition from the CPU feel right? Meaning, are you getting less than 3 seconds in the pocket when the CPU blitzes? Does your pocket break down, forcing you to leave the pocket or throw the ball away? Are you getting stuffed on outside runs more often than not? Are you getting stuffed on inside the tackle runs when you have no lead blocker in front of you, more often than not?
g) Were turnovers forced by playmakers with high POW attributes and/or poor HUM decision making?
h) Were sacks forced by too much time in the pocket, coverage sack, poor blocking scheme (meaning you did not have enough blockers for the situation at hand)? Look here peeps... You have to start learning football.... You cannot think that against aggressive defenses that you will get away with 4, 5 or even 3 WR sets, when the D is bringing 6 or more rushers and avoid a sack or a poor decision... Sacks are legit if you are too dumb to set up proper blocking schemes
i) Were picks legit picks due to poor decision making or a great defensive player making a great play on the ball?
j) Were fumbles legit due to the D getting a hat on the ball and the HUM did not cover up the football?
k) Did either passing or running feel "too easy" for you?
l) Does the CPU scramble appropriately?
m) Do the big hitters, lay the wood on you? Do they cause turnovers or dropped balls?

BETA SLIDERS, POST-PATCH, V.8 (the Xmas Sliders)

Skill Level: ALL-MADDEN

Quarter Length: 15 min

Accelerated Clock: On and min. play clock set at 15

Auto Strafe: OFF (optional, I am now playing M13 with them OFF)
Auto Sprint: OFF (optional, I am now playing M13 with them OFF)

Play Calling: Two options: OPTION 1: Free Style, you call all the plays, but you have to HONOR the “pinky promise”

“Pinky Promise”: Do not abuse money plays, make sure that you MIX IT UP, and have at least 30 different offensive plays and 20 or more different defensive looks 10 run, and 10 pass)

OPTION 2: GameFlow for offense and defensive calls. The rule is to use GameFlow on first and second downs only, THIRD DOWN is all you baby. Last 2 minutes of every half are also FREE-STYLE, it is all you baby….

I prefer OPTION 1 and use OPTION 1…. However, to prepare for OPTION 1, I have my playbook ALL SCRIPTED OUT and organize my playbook based on situation (ex. I have pass plays for 3rd and long, 3rd and medium, and 3rd and Goal)

Option 2 saves you the headache of scripting a playbook ….

Injury: 38 (testing)

Fatigue: 62 (testing)

Speed: SLOW

Threshold: 75 (yesss, SEVENTY FIVE… I have thoroughly tested “0”, “25”, “50”, “65”, “75 and “100” … By far, 75 provides the best play for to many reasons that I don’t have the time to list here)

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
(Check them several times to make sure you have them properly dialed in)

QB Accuracy 12 / 7
Pass Block 10 / 0
WR Catch 48 / 48
(open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Broken Tackles 10 / 0
Run Block 15 / 50
Fumble 50 / 45
(open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Pass reaction 30 / 30
Int 23 / 23
Pass Rush 22 / 0

Rush reaction 0 / 15
Block Shedding 0 / 5
Tackle 55/ 55

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Accuracy 44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick, except when on, or, inside the 10 yard line)
Punt Power 54
Punt Acc 73
Kickoff Power 46

Penalties
OFFSIDES 50
FALSE START 75
HOLDING 53
FACEMASK 53
DEF PASS INT 25
OFF PASS INT 38
PUNT CATCH INTER 24
CLIPPING 50
INTENT GROUNDING 50
ROUGHING PASSER 53 (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
ROUGING KICKER 24

Auto Subs (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
IN/OUT IN/OUT
QB 1 / 0 DT 86 / 85
RB 92 / 91 DE 90 / 89
WR 66 / 65 LB 50 / 49
FB 50 / 47 CB 5 / 4
OL 50 / 47 SAF 5 / 4

OPTION 2: You can also, on your first offensive play, call time-out, and sub in your BRUISER BACK into your short yardage run formations, and/or, sub in your change of pace back into a couple of your toss/sweep/draw/pitch play formations ....

Enjoy ladies!!!