View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #1033
mkharsh33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

I have no problem with anyone critiquing the sliders - that's the point of posting them, and realizing that a LOT of what went into developing these was my understanding of 2K basketball games, and the community providing feedback - shoot, I tweaked them many times based upon what OTHERS were seeing, so this isn't my "precious little slider set" that I have to kiss and hug and protect...

But when the poster who complained about these in the manner he did provided absolutely NOTHING of value. Apparently he doesn't know how to pass or box out (using the left trigger for positioning) - so he complains without providing potential fixes.

As stated here numerous times, I've tried to give back here to OS something that will make this game fun, sim-like, and challenging. I don't even play this game much anymore, as my goal was to provide sliders and a roster set. I try to give feedback to those who post here - those I deem worthy of a reply. But I refuse to dignify stupidity, which is what that poster provided. I deemed it was more his inability to play the game correctly than it was the sliders. I also provided (a few pages ago) my rationale for the passing sliders. Now, some don't like it... BUT, watch any NBA games lately? See some REALLY stupid passes or really dumb decisions? I could provide several youtube links on boneheaded passes in an NBA game. I wanted to capture that... Will bad things happen to you if you force things? You bet... So the sliders provided here are simply a base set - tweak to fit your needs. But if you're gonna bash away - just hold it in and move on. There are no stupid questions - but there are stupid comments, and I'll provide my feedback on those type of comments as I decipher what is being said. Re-read his posts and you'll see NOTHING of value to help us here... If that gets me in trouble - so be it. It won't be my loss, but the community's, as I've done nothing but provide rosters and sliders for each of the 4 major sports. I think I know what I'm doing, and I also have a deep respect and appreciation for the intelligent members here at OS, and this community is important to me - it's why I do this.

I believe these sliders are very solid, and they've been tested repeatedly, and built with a lot of input from others... If someone doesn't like them, just move along and find or build a set that works for you...