View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #1165
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
FWIW, one of the few slider related questions that was coaxed out of Emmdot (EA rep) when he was visiting the boards was that the INT slider only affected the probability of the player catching the INT, nothing else.

Has this jibed with your testing Whiz or is there more to it?

Sturz: I will share with you what my lab data supports.... Interpret it as you see fit....

PASS REAC SLIDER: It impacts the defender in pass coverage... The farther you go away from the slider setting of "25" (I call this the neutral "factory" setting in All-Madden), the more pronounced the defender in pass coverage, ATTRIBUTE WEAKNESSES', become.... So let's say that the attributes for your defender are LOW AWR/PRC, AGI & ACC (the "holy trinity of suck", aka the definition of a crap defender, typically will play for the Faiders), by beginning to raise your PASS REAC higher, after a few clicks, you will begin to see weaker defenders show their "true colors" as they will not be able to "mirror" or match the agility, acceleration of the receiver... I distinctly remember one game where I played as the Faiders v. Chargers.... Gates BLEW up.... My LB's got CHEWED UP trying to cover Gates, he stomped the Faiders for 11 receptions and 150+ yards and 4 TD's... Ouch.

Now, after a certain point of raising the PASS REAC, I believe it to be "40"+, you have now modified the A.I., regardless of the defenders player attributes.... You can see this by setting your PASS REAC to say "45" .... Now, call any pass play where there will be a sudden change of vector by the wide receiver... You will notice in INSTANT REPLAY-SLO MO cam, that at some point in the receivers route, the pass defender covering, will seem to stall/skate in place, for an ever so slight moment, allowing the potential receiver to gain a marked advantage over the defender, and the defender never quite recovers, creating a large "window" for the QB to fit the ball in.... This stall/ice skate animation by the pass defender was MORE pronounced the higher I set the SPEED THRESH slider (this may be why Jarrod21 can get away setting with setting his PASS REAC setting so high, since his SPEED THRESH is so low).... ALSO, don't quote me on the precise PASS REAC slider setting that screws things up, it could be lower or higher... This is because I did not isolate this slider when seeing/experiencing this phenomena, because my OPI/DPI ratios were already tweaked as well, but I would bet that setting the OPI/DPI sliders at factory setting "50", and futzing with the PASS REAC slider should reproduce the same effect, just maybe not as pronounced...

INT SLIDER: My data supports that the INT slider impacts the ability of the pass defender to "step/jump in front of the receiver" to go for a pick, AND, the ability of all pass defenders to catch the damn rock... So for example, when I set the INT to 25, quite often I would see average LB's being VERY HAWKISH (ie jumping approaching passes) which is not realistic... The LB's defensive strength and reason he is on the field in the first place, IS NOT TO pic the damn rock, but rather to make a sure tackle or cause a fumble or cause the receiver to develop a sudden case of "alligator arms" and drop the pass in traffic... Yet at 25 and higher (on high SPEED THRESH), average LB's turn into Revis... Not my cup o' tea....

My data suggests that INT triggers "hawkish" animations and boosts the catching success of a pic by a pass defender... All things being equal and balanced (meaning all sliders at default settings and INT jacked up), IT IS MY THEORY that INT can impact defensive coverage, from the stand point of the defender having to be/stay relatively close for the "hawkish" animation to be triggered... Thus the pass defender will "read" the play better at a higher INT setting, so that he can properly time his "hawkish" move, but if the INT setting is set too high, then ALL pass defenders become Revis....

In the end, as with all things M13, it's about picking your poison and making sacrifices.. We all know the A.I. is seriously flawed, but with intelligent tuning, YOU CAN make the game more interesting....

That is why Maddenites that are looking to pick the "best" slider set is a naive and silly approach.... What somebody picking a slider set must realize is that you first HAVE TO buy INTO the slider developers decisions and how those decisions impact the nuances of the game...

Mixing and matching slider sets WILL NEVER work to create a good set for yourself, because many of the sliders are inter-linked, so you must pick a set, buy into the slider developers decisions and the consequences they create, and then, from THAT BASE, tweak to fit your tastes.... But before I would start tweaking, I would ask the slider developer what affects what....For example in my current Beta set, I would not touch SPEED THRESH at all and I would not mess with PCI/RTK/PCI/DPI, if you do not know why they benefit the game and what their impact is to the game in the ratios they have been dialed in at...

Hint to all slider "shoppers".... SPEED THRESH and the "under 75 True Madden Sliders rule" are the most important decisions you need to make, PRIOR to picking a slider set to try... These two factors INFLUENCE the game MORE THAN ANY other decision a slider developer takes....

Just my .03 ....

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 12-18-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove