View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #1241
MaddenFranchise10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Hey Wiz, long time listener, first time caller.

Been using your sliders for a while now, but haven't posted any scores or anything.

I just finished a full season offline CCM with the 49ers and won the Superbowl. I love how these sliders make games dynamic and play out differently. Some games I can run Gore up the middle and get 4+ YPC. Other games (like my last two) I'm lucky to get 3 YPC and have to rely on the my passing game. My second to last game was against the Packers, and I had trouble running toward Matthews. It's awesome to have to actually scheme to win games.

I'm also seeing some penalties that I've never had called before. I had a couple defensive PI calls on short slants, where the CPU MLB blocked my WR's route. I had an illegal touch penalty called against myself (didn't know that penalty existed in Madden) too. Obviously EA/Tiburon needs to tune the penalty frequencies (among a plethora of other things), but you've at least helped mitigate the issue.

I'm loving the tackle settings you've got. I've witnessed a great variety of unique tackling animations. Power backs, TE's and big WR's will truck smaller DB's, but get laid out by LB's. I watched a CPU RB hurdle his downed lineman and get tackled mid-air, only to flip horizontally before getting smashed by another tackler (still in mid-air). It would've made SportsCenter.

As far as a critique goes, the only problems I have with your sliders are:

CPU passing ability: I was seeing guys like Rodgers and Brady have <50% completion and making inaccurate throws to open receivers, so I increased CPU QB ACC and WR CTH and lowering USER INT. Seems to work. Though too often pass heavy teams (Packers, Patriots, Saints) won't pass enough. In the Superbowl against the Pats, Brady marched them into the redzone four times and ran the ball on every play before acquiescing to a FG. The Patriots finished the Superbowl with literally zero redzone passing attempts but twelve redzone rushing attempts. Oh well, it's just too bad sliders can't fix bad AI playcalling.

USER dropped passes: I have Crabtree in his second season, and he has 90+ CTH, CIT, and yet was dropping open passes (once dropping 4 of 6 targets). I raised USER catching to 49.

USER pass rushing: I'm getting too many sacks against the CPU, and pressuring the QB on nearly every dropback. I've noticed the LOLB gets more pressure on the QB than the ROLB (in a 3-4), so Brooks was outperforming Aldon. I switched their positions, and now Aldon is way too beastly (rated 99 OVR). I had 9 team sacks last game. It's especially bad against QB's that have their scrambling trait turned on (Vick), since they'll usually scramble into their own lineman and fall. It's as if EA programmed the Sanchez butt-fumble into the AI. Thinking of adjusting either CPU pass blocking, or USER pass rush, any suggestions?

Option Reads: Using Kaepernick on option plays is too easy at times. I finished last season setting the NFL record for QB rushing yards with 1200, averaging 9 YPC. Even in games where the CPU is stuffing Gore for small gains, I'll be able to option Kaep with success. I was thinking of boosting CPU run reaction, while reducing block shedding? I'm basically looking to balance the run difficulty between standard power running and option running, if that makes sense.

Fatigue/Subs: I know they're broken, but I hate seeing guys like Willis getting subbed. I read somewhere that 10 of the 49ers 11 starting defensive players NEVER subbed out last season (unless changing formations). It might be 11/11 now that Aldon is an every down player. But Willis and a few others should never be subbed under any circumstance. On offense I've seen my OL get subbed out on longer drives, which shouldn't happen, especially guys like Staley or Iupati. And still I'm not seeing enough of my 2nd string HB. This isn't your fault, it's EA's broken coding. They need an option for a HB by-committee slider.

Besides those minor things, your sliders are awesome, and the only reason I can continue playing Madden. I appreciate your hard work Wiz, and everyone that contributed to this thread.

How do you guys post your box scores so neatly?

Here's my stats from the first two games of the 2013 season:

Packers (CPU) vs 49ers Won 20-12

GB - SF
Offensive yards... 319 - 357
Pass yards... 251 - 235
Rush yards... 68 - 122
First downs... 15 - 13
Turnovers... 2 - 1
ToP... 38:26 - 21:34

Rodgers... 13/18 174yds 2INT (he got injured early in the 3rd)
Coleman... 12/17 121 (Rodgers' backup played well, even better than Rodgers)
Hightower... 18att 55yds 3.1

Kaepernick... 12/21 260yds 2TD
Gore... 17att 31yds 1 fumble
Kaepernick... 7att 65yds 1 fumble
Hunter... 3att 20yds

They had to settle for FG's in the redzone. I had 7 sacks (Aldon had 3), they had 4 against me.

49ers @ Eagles (CPU) Won 42-17

SF - PHI
Offensive yards... 460 - 259
Pass yards... 262 - 94
Rush yards... 198 - 165
First downs... 17 - 9
Total yards... 554 - 307 (includes punt returns)
ToP... 34:47 - 25:13

Kaepernick... 19/25 286 6TD 1INT
Kaepernick... 8att 104yds
Gore... 22att 66yds
Hunter... 3att 28yds

Vick.. 12/17 141yds 2TD 1NT
Vick 5att 31yds 1 fumble
McCoy... 16att 96yds
Avant... 2att 38yds

My defense had 9 sacks. Vick was awful. He'd try to avoid a sack, but just run into another defender or his own teammate (butt-fumble AI). Eagles stuffed the box on nearly every play, so I was forced to air it out more than normal, which led to the inflated passing stats. I almost had a 7th TD pass but my rookie WR dropped it.

Thanks again Wiz for putting the time and effort into making and tuning these sliders. Appreciate the hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove