View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
jyoung
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
How to unlink players who have linked names?

The biggest issue with editing players in this game is that it screws up the name database with each new change you make to existing player names.

A lot of times, player names get linked to one another, so changing one guy named "Steve" also changes every other player in the database with the first name "Steve."

I found a thread with some details on how to "unlink" the names, but the method listed here only seems to work some of the time. I would say 50% of the time, doing this method will remove the link (seems to work best when last names are being linked). Whenever it's first names that are linked, this method rarely works for me.

Obviously, when editing hundreds, if not thousands of players in a single file, you need a sure-fire method that will always work to unlink linked player names.

Has anyone come up with a better method than simply re-writing the 4 lines of code above the player's tier?

I have been rewriting the "black box" on every player who ends up with a linked name and that is only yielding about a 50% success rate.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove