View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
RandyBass
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Tiered Play Calling Revisited

Quote:
The user can select traditional or game plan play-calling. What I will be proposing should first be an option. Thus, the pick up and play player does not have to be bogged down by the new methodology. Their defense would not be as sound as someone who uses the mechanic. They are pick-up and play players so they might not care too much about that...
Why not just have it so the more in depth stuff was called automatically by the AI, rather than just leaving it vanilla? I mean, they would have to code the AI to call it anyways, for the CPU controlled teams. So just make it so the simple play calling style had the AI working along with it, to "fill in the blanks" so to speak. It would sort of mimic a head coach and a coordinator: the user (head coach) would say I want a cover 3 here, and the AI (defensive coordinator) would take care of the line call.

[minirant]Game flow was a bad idea from the get go, just one of many Madden has been stuck with over the years that really has little to do with football. I remember when it came out it was marketed as a way to play games quicker, and it sort of left me scratching my head. Then recently they added a way to break out of play action early, more as a result of play action not working right in the first place, than it actually having anything to do with football. Bad ideas in an attempt to cover up poor design and poor implementation; that is the story of Madden football of late.[/minirant]

Last edited by RandyBass; 01-01-2013 at 07:03 PM.