View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
funnyfiggy
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The "I Think this Player Deserves this Sig Skill" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
1st: Batum is routinely matched up against the other teams best player (usually point guard) and does an excellent job defending the 1-4.

2nd: Batum is 2nd in the NBA in assists for forwards (only behind LeBron) and as of the past three weeks taken the ball at the top of the key and initiated the offense.

3rd: I assure those changes equate to Leonard being a 63 OVR because I made them myself before I even posted the overall change. Am I saying Leonard is AMAZING? No... but these changes do reflect that the man has shown the ability to play in this league (something his current ratings do not do).

Anything else you'd care to not do research on and cry about?
1. I can say anyone is a good defender. Just because someone defends a position doesn't mean they defend it well. Regardless, I agree he is a good defender, not a lockdown defender.

2. Stats by themselves do not reflect anything, particularly when a player averages 4.4 assists to 2.7 turnovers. That is a player who should be recognized as a player capable of running an offense?

3. I will admit I was wrong. 63 overall is reasonable for Leonard. I just assumed offensive awareness jacked up overall. It certainly does for point guards.

Last edited by funnyfiggy; 01-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.