View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #22
splff3000
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Clint Oldenburg Explains the Strength Rating For Linemen in Madden

I always thought the STR rating in regards to O-linemen(and anyone blocking for that matter) was used to determine how much push the player got while blocking. For instance, a player with high RB/PB ratings, but low STR would be more likely to be pushed back into the back field, but the player would still be able to maintain their block because of the high PB/RB ratings. On the flip side, a player with high STR, but low PB/RB ratings would get push while blocking, but would not be able to block that long. I figured IMP just determined the likelihood of a pancake block.

Boy was I wrong lol. It's my fault tho for thinking the way these ratings were applied into the game made sense. I'm like a bunch of these other guys in here wondering what do PB/RB ratings do if the STR rating determines how long a player holds his block. Judging by the way this game plays, the only other thing I can see PB/RB determining is if the player actually engages the defender. I'm sure we've all seen a tackle allow an end to come through without even engaging him. Maybe that's what that rating determines lol. I don't know, but I'm pretty curious to find out lol. Maybe Clint should have just spilled the beans on how all the blocking ratings work together instead of just focusing on STR. Now we're all sitting here wondering how in the hell the rest of the blocking ratings are applied lol.