View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
thoro_headz
Rookie

thoro_headz's Arena

OVR: 1
Baltimore Beat Down: A Baltimore Ravens Dynasty

I've been on the fence for a long time about posting a dynasty to the board. For years I have enjoyed following along those of others and gained a lot of knowledge by doing so. I feel like it's time to give back to the community that has given so much to me.

The dynasties that I have enjoyed most are the ones in which the author fully immersed the reader in their experience. That immersion goes beyond just sharing stats and outcomes. I plan to utilize the dynasty table generator to provide an abundance of information while also explaining the motivation behind my decisions. I also aim for realism. What's the fun in following a dynasty in which the author makes a ton of fantasy football type trades and drafts all of the good players? When building a quality team, the journey is what makes the payoff so special.

In each of my previous dynasties, I've watched with great sadness as the Ravens crash and burn because of drafting Joe Flacco. He is awful in this game and causes Harbaugh to lose his job after the first or second season. Harbaugh has too much potential in this game to get fired and be relegated to a career as an assistant and the Ravens are too good of a franchise to wallow in mediocrity. I feel funny saying all of this, given that I am a Steelers fan, but I respect the Ravens organization as a worthy competitor. Anyway, I'm going to take a crack a rebuilding the Ravens by redoing the 2008 draft and avoiding the Flacco fiasco.

Last edited by thoro_headz; 01-26-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove