Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #4035
CloudFuel
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What's going on man? Thanks for giving my sliders a go around in your league..

Sounds like you might need to drop the CPUs rush defense to the low end of the red set or down to the green set. Some of you who are struggling with the run are probably to use to having wide open lanes to run through. With my sets you have to pay attention to where the lanes are opening up and make sharp cutbacks to the open areas. You can't get the handoff and crash directly into the line without looking to cut it back. You will always struggle like that. Start checking the replays of all of your running plays and I guarantee you will see open lanes you could have cut it too but you crashed into the wrong hole. You also have to mix it up with some outside runs to open up the inside running. Mix in some stretches, counters, and pitches to get the inside to open up.

With the passing you are probably staying locked in on your first option too long. Once again you are probably use to your first option being open all the time on All-Pro. With my sliders your first option will not be open on every play so you always have to look to check it down to your 2nd or 3rd read. You will always struggle if you continue to stay locked in on your first option.. You also shouldn't pay attention to the pass rush. Keep your eyes down the field at all times so you can find the open WR. Also check the replays of all your passes and you will see the open spots you could have thrown too..

I don't use gameflow or askmadden. I call my own plays on offense and defense.. Gameflow and askmadden will get you killed with my sliders.. You still have to mix it up though. You can't get caught up calling the same stuff over and over. You have to create a good scheme for yourself based on the matchups.

Yeah I always control the ball carriers and I switch off sometimes to my WRs or to USER pick but I don't do it alot.. I usually control and LB or safety and I make alot of plays with the player I control. I usually switch off to a defender then the ball carrier breaks one because my CPU controlled players usually dive on the floor like some idiots when they are trailing behind. Other then that my AI control players do there thing.

The sliders will take some getting use to especially coming from All-Pro but you'll eventually adjust as long as you are willing to put in the work to get better.
Wow! Spot on advice! I tried all of that and won 17-13 in a heavy defensive battle (no points til end of 2nd quarter). I ended up with 3 INTs against me... But I knew I was throwing risky passes so it wasn't a shock. I definitely stuck to my 1st read too much before.... I was surprised at how many other guys were open at 5-7 yards and then I make one guy miss and turn it into a first down. Throwing those passes opened up my run so I was able to run more. I think we will stay with setting and just work on getting better with it. I still need to work on run defense and making picks (had 6 dropped easy picks) as well as not getting impatient and forcing throws.

I think my biggest issue will be going from the mentality of "I want to throw the ball to player1 because it will be around 20 yards deep" to "what is the defense giving me that equals positive yardage?"
Advertisements - Register to remove