View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #1664
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

I am really becoming a believer in the penalties affect game play idea. I have a lot of testing to do but, this is what I think so far.

I put everything on default and just tested penalties.

Offside: at 100 the DL get a better jump on the snap. I didn't see any more actual offside though. It made them more aggressive almost. At 0 they had a slower jump on the ball. I didn't notice them shedding blocks better.

False Start: With this at 100 the OL got a better jump. they beat the DL to the point and had a little advantage. At 0 they were slower on the jump. I tried false start at 0 and offsides at 100 and you could see a pretty good advantage for the DL. If you switch those sliders its the OL getting a good advantage.

So I think I would either leave them at 50 or raise or lower them in tandem. Other wise your giving one side an advantage. You can just do that with sliders.

Holding: With this at 100 the linemen seemed to hold their blocks longer but, had more holding calls. With it at 0 they never got called for holding but, didn't hold blocks as long.
I think 50 might be good. If you want more holding calls you might also have to lower block shedding.

OPI: With this at 100 the recievers were more careful. They didn't go for the ball as much. At 0 they made more diving attempts and were more aggressive.

DPI: This one was weird. I still need to test more. It seemed like they did the same as the WR most of the time. 100 they were less physical and careful. At 0 they "fought" harder. Sometimes I didn't see it though.

It seems like these should be raised and lower in tandem. You wont see PI called anyway so I think both at 0 is really good. I am going to half to test much more.

Facemask: When I turned this up to 100 the tackles seemed more aggressive and harder but I didn't see many penalties called. At 0 I saw a slight change.

The only other one I have got to test so far is intentional grounding.
I don't think this ever gets called but, at 100 the QB threw down the field more and took more chances. At 0 he hit his check down much more. He also held on to the ball a little longer at 100. At 0 he got it out quick.

I don't think there is a magic formula for making a perfect game but, the penalties are really worth looking at.

I will be testing more on the other ones.

Last edited by charter04; 01-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.