View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #97
bigdoc85
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Different strokes. I've tried playing The Show. Several times. And to me, it's nearly unplayable, while 2K11 and 2K12 have been a lot of fun, and more than just 'playable'.

In the Show the pitch speeds are way too fast, even at 0 (Russel admits that the majority of people they test the game on, have said so as well).
It's incredibly difficult to pick up on what pitch is being delivered, and the CPU is very good even at low levels.
I'm sure several Show fans will say "Wow, this guy stinks if he thinks that way".
Yes, I stink. And I know that practice would help.
But here's the thing. I'm nearly 40, have a wife, 2 active kids, and a 50-hour work week. I have maybe 5 to 6 hours of game playing time during the week.
I don't feel it should be necessary to put in 60 hours in a game in order to enjoy it, or be good at it.
With 2K, I can. Right away.
With Hitters Eye, a higher slider scale and lower settings that are truly easy, I can pick up and play immediately.

The Show deserves it's accolades. But I don't think words like 'unplayable' are warranted with 2k11 or 2K12. Both were very good games that many have enjoyed.
Money. I hear you. I have both games (The Show 12 and 2k12) -- I enjoy both but I do appreciate the playability of 2k11 and 2k12, especially for the casual gamers like you and me in our 40's with wife and kids.