View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1297
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85PaytonFan34
So I'm in year 3 of my CCM as the Bears.
Week 5 I have to play the vikings and this is where I decided to switch from my current settings to your sliders. Beforehand I was playing on All-Madden with not too many slider tweaks, a little bit of a boost to the AI passing and receivers and a slight downgrade to my own. Not much else. I was 4-0 on the season with 1 blowout win and 3 wins by 10 points or fewer. The thing is that most of these wins were pretty much me dominating the game with the AI only getting a few big plays late in the game to bring it close. Nothing about their entire game was consistent, rushing or passing.

So now, in comes your sliders against the Vikings. This also being the first game I've ever played with 15 minutes quarters. Usually 10 min qtrs with the runoff to 15 seconds. The first quarter remained close and tight, 0-0 going into the second quarter. Now I don't know what happened, but this Vikings offense lead by Jason Campbell and AP (year 3 of CCM remember) absolutely showed up and blew me out of the water. They wound up leading 17-3 at halftime which lead me to come out in the third swinging the ball. After receiving to start the 2nd half and going 3 and out on 3 passes, my defense was able to get the ball back for me with a couple good stops and a sack. After a good stop I decided to go back to my running game. First run from scrimmage, a fumble by Forte. Setting the Vikes up on my 27 they made short work and scored a td in 3 plays. 24-3

At this point I'm getting frustrated by my completely anemic offense. I've complete less than 40% of my passes out of 40 attempts at this point.

To make a long story short, 2 more Forte fumbles and a pick from Cutler and the Vikings made my day a living hell. The final coming out to 42-17.
I honestly don't think I have ever been blown out of the water this bad by the AI before. I'm not sure if it's my skill or lack thereof as a player that allowed this to happen. Or if I'm really lacking in some football knowledge in order to construct a gameplan.

If the game had continued like the first quarter it would have likely been the most fun Id had playing M13, but once it got out of hand it turned into a frustrating debacle that sent me home with my first loss of the 2014 season. I'm willing to give your sliders a continued shot as now I face the Saints in Soldier Field for week 6.
Monday Morning Quarterback Analysis:

PaytonFan: Welcome to my house of pain....

Now now, don't be so hard on yourself.... If you really want to see your head on a platter, dial up Jarrod21's Black set and call me in the morning...

That said, part of the problem is that the CPU RUN BLK is a little to aggressive favoring the CPU run game and the HUM RUN REAC is a little to passive favoring the CPU run game... Additionally the HUM FUM slider needs to be moved up (presently too low), and that has been accomplished in the final slider set coming out soon....

Furthermore, your game plan was probably non-existent.... Stopping AP is the one of the most challenging things to do in the REAL NFL, so what makes you think that simple 7 man box schemes will be able to slow him down in M13? Exactly.

Stopping AP, Brady, Rodgers, Foster, MegaTron, should be MAJOR SWEATY PALM CHALLENGES, whereby MOST OF THE TIME, you should come out on the short end of the stick.... Consider 8 men in the box, with the 8th man being your safety with the best TKL, AWR, and PRC ratings.... Also try to funnel AP toward the middle of the defense with your OLB'ers... Consider Cover 2 defenses so that your DB's are close enough to the line, to discourage AP from swinging his run OUT WIDE and can provide tackle support to your pursuing MLB and Safety...

More to come with the tuned sliders.... Bottom line, stick with it kid, the sliders are legit and with practice I am sure they will soon become among your favorite set to play with.... Lates....

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.