Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #4068
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I've been using the green set in a Chicago Bears franchise and like it alot.

What I'm finding out though, is that game speed has a BIG effect on the run game. When I use the green set on slow/0, it's hard as hell for me or the CPU to get rolling through the line. I think in order to have a good run game on Slow speed, broken tackles need to be upped and tackling needs to be lowered. What will happen is the RB will get hit at the line, but it's always an arm tackle that seems to bring down even the most physical RB with ease. If the RBs could break a few more, it'd be perfect. Stretch/toss plays become worthless, because the RB can never get rolling and is met with 2 or 3 defenders at the line.

On normal though, the run game plays pretty fine, but only because you have alot more control and can turn on a dime to avoid tackles. CPU running becomes very twitchy and ugly looking, but effective. But I HATE normal speed (just doesn't look like natural human movement or football speed, plus the physics are ALOT smoother on slow)

But even on normal I feel like it's way too easy to get tackled one-on-one every time. In real football, the ball carrier has the advantage over one defender. Would you have any suggestions on how to raise a few more broken tackles on the green set?

Like I said though, really like the set, just have that one small annoyance

Are you using the right analog stick to shed tackles? You can't just crash into the line and expect to break any tackles. You have to use the analog stick. I also noticed when I use the cover up button I'm able to shake off some tackles here and there. I don't like lowering the CPUs tackling below the USER breaktackles but if it's bothering you like that go ahead. You can raise the CPUs breaktacles to 45. That should get them going.