View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #1227
sniapeko
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
1) You'll need to play a few more games. I've had as many as 8 blocks in a game once. You need a larger sample size as 0 block games can happen from time to time.

2) This is by design and I 100% agree with MK on this. There's a LOT of non-steal turnovers in the NBA. Offensive 3-second, out of bounds, airballs, and bad passes. The only thing in game that actually works though is bad passes since the other stuff doesn't occur as frequently as it should. Yes, it looks wonky and can be downright frustrating (especially when inbounding to a guy 3 feet in front of you and you throw a moonshot pass) but it gives you realistic amount of turnovers.
About the blocks part, you're right. Silly me for thinking a single game was a relevant sample. I'm not having as many as I would like, but it's a fair amount. It's also true that I have no elite shot-blockers in my team, so maybe it's because of that.

But regarding the turnovers, I partly disagree. I cannot accept that an NBA player isn't able to pass the ball to a man right in front of him, without any defensive pressure, so I raised a bit the Pass and Hands in the sliders. I still get a fair amount of TOs, but they also are realistic as the missed passes are caused by a double team or good defense in general.
Note that my complain was that mainly the CPU was suffering from those weird passes. I just didn't think it was fair to win like that.

Also, I used to play 10min quarters and in default All-Star and I was averaging 120 pts/gm. Using MK's #2 set I had to go with 11 min quarters to have realistic stats, which is a thing I like.

Last edited by sniapeko; 01-15-2013 at 03:37 AM.