View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Sacrafice
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Rewriting the history of NASCAR (Starting in 1980)

"NASCAR Winston Cup Series"

"Richmond 400"
February 24th, 1980

"Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway"
Richmond, Virginia

Race 3 of 31 during the 1980 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#15 Bobby Allison leads the field of 36 to take the green flag starting the race"

"#44 Terry Labonte get's into the back of #23 Bryan Dehn causing him to spin out on lap 38, but no damaged was caused bring out the 1st of many cautions on the day"

"#25 Ronnie Thomas hit the inside guard rail causing #99 Dick may to get into the back of him take May out of the race"

"#7 Dick Brooks was tagged from behind backing him into the outside guard rail"

"#21 Neil Bonnett had to race his way back onto the lead lap twice, but on this lap he slowed causing #27 Benny Parsons and #43 Richard Petty to get involved resulted in them getting damage"

"#17 Roger Hamby and #20 Rick Newsom get together and slid into the outside guard rail and while trying to check up for the wreck #61 Bub Strickler lost control and slid hard into the guard rail as well"

"#64 Tommy Gale was pushed up against the outside guard rail causing #24 Cecil Gordon to lose control and slide up into him while #7 Dick Brooks was a victim of checking up and got spun out into the infield grass"

"The engine let loose int he #20 car of Rick Newsom probably from the earlier contact with the wall. No one else got involved"

"#23 Bryan Dehn lost control and spun out on the front stretch on a restart causing #7 Dick Brrok to t-bone him in the drivers door, but both were able to continue on"

"Rookie #90 Jody Ridley lead 115 laps in route to his 1st ever career victory"

"Race Recap"
There was 12 cautions most of which happened during the 2nd half of the race allowing very little competition for race winner, Jody Ridley. Being a short track most of the wrecks were causing little to no damage for the cars involved and the only drivers unable to finish the race was due to mechanical failure.

"Video Recap"

"#23 Bryan Dehn's Day"
Short track racing is where I am in my comfort zone, but I have never driven a powerful car like this on a track with very little room to move around on. I had a terrible qualifying run, but was able to move up the field and after a couple issues I decided to stay int he back until it was go time to try and stay out of trouble. My car was a little faster on long runs which there was really only 1, but the rest of the field was better on short runs. Comes from experience knowing that this track wouldn't allow for a whole lot of long green flag runs. I was able to get myself into the top 20 and am happy with that performance.

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Carolina 500
Rockingham, North Carolina
March 9th, 1980