Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #364
Woodweaver
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHitman14
Well I rescind my board comment saying nobody cares that being a catcher is cooler now. Obviously one person cares....

Haha, joking aside, you're right. My statement was very broad. I did not realize there was much interest in something like this so apparently my comment directly related to that was off base (no pun intended). My apologies. Maybe I will give catcher mode a try this year as I've only tried pitcher and infield.

As to seanjeezy, who has the balls of SCEA living in the back of his throat, I will overlook your ignorance since you've already mentioned that you're still in school trying to learn, but probably cheating there too while you steal from whatever company it is that you work for since you spend all your time there being unproductive.

Did you actually read what Russell's response was in reference too, or are you taking things out of context? He was saying that the cover athlete campaign had nothing to do with what R&D did with the money they were allocated. With the resources they were allocated, franchise and RTTS were a focal point. There were comments (myself included) about money being spent on the cover athlete, and Russell made it clear that the money spent on that had nothing to do with what R&D did with their resources. He was clarifying what he perceived to be accusations that R&D was mismanaging time and money.

Now, for the big picture. SCEA has $x (a finite number) to spend on MLB 13'. In budgeting they decide $y will go to R&D, $z will go to marketing, $m will go to finance, $t to customer service, etc. That's how it works. The higher ups then decide how the allocation of $x will generate the most sales. In many businesses these days, even outside the sports gaming industry, the focus has shifted to allocating a large portion of $x to advertising, which will directly impact the amount allocated to other departments. I can tell you not only from my education but experience in the real world as an employee and business owner that this is how things work. Pay attention in school and actually work at work and maybe you'll learn something.

We've clearly gone off on a tangent and detracted from the focal point of the thread, so I'll end rant here and not respond to this topic again.

Which part of this post is the fluff, and which part is the 30% of real stuff?