View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
firerises
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToLiveAction
Those two (KD & Lebron) were already overpowered and a nusence, to continue to upgrade them is just adding salt to the wound for anybody who has to deal with them. If your gonna upgrade Lebron then at least lower Dwayne Wades stats because we all know that he hasn't been his old self and is playing well below a 91 which is too high. They had no problem lowering Deron Williams for his struggle. On the other hand, they continue to ignore what Melo has been doing this entire Season and have Dwayne Wade rated higher than him which isn't fair. And Earl Clark shouldn't get a boost after just a couple of games but you leave Melo the same for almost two months.
How exactly is Wade playing well below a 91? Wade's old self is way above a 91 so that's irrelevant. If anything Wade should be increased to a 93. I don't know exactly what you're watching or what stats you've considered. Wade's 3pt at 66 is too low when he's shooting 36% (small sample size though), I believe a 71 or 72 would be adequate. His consistency at 70 is also way too low at 70 when he shoots 50.4%. Guys like Westbrook 42.1%, Michael Beasley (38.15) and Monta Ellis (39.8%) have an 80 consistency which is ridiculous. And don't tell me maintaining a shooting streak or getting out of a shooting slump isn't linked with field goal %. Those 2 attributes, it's undeniable that Wade deserves an increase. Further, Wade is shooting 44% from close range which should correspond with an 89 to 90 (or slightly higher) from close range for Wade when Kobe is shooting 42% and has a 92 from close range.

Now, Wade is rated better than Melo because he's a better all-around player, he's much more effective on defense while still being elite on offense. Melo is better on offense, but is only solid on defense. What exactly would you increase to raise Melo's rating above Wade's?