Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Pro Tak may have looked better in certain ways (no limbs loosely flying, awkward tackles) but it definitely didn't feel better. At least contact matters now. Before IE, you could run into a player and it'd act like he never was there. This is tackle football, and for years Madden ignored the most important aspect of the sport...CONTACT! There is no way I can go back to Pro Tak or anything else. It may not always look pretty right now, but at least me and the cpu's efforts to bring down a player count now. You gotta look at the big picture.
Sure - but it still doesn't consider the fact that it's Wilfork running into a 170 lb HB with the way the HB can just throw him off. I'd like to see that contact in real life.

What I want from pro-tak is the ability to purposely work through contact. The other things I'd like to see go beyond better hitboxes into a true physics engine.

Collisions are a big part of football, of course, and of physics, but not everything and not as simple as Madden has always made it regardless of the overall engine.

The focus on contact also ignores the AFTER contact, i.e. engagements, constant "skirmishes" etc. To me, that is the big picture. As is momentum, weight, weight shifts, etc. That's just the physical part of the picture even then.

And the whole picture always starts with the line play - the last thing that seems to want to be touched...but one of the biggest places true physics/weight/power/leverage/acceleration come into play.