View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
simgamer0005
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Best retro football game? (Sega Genesis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
My all time favorite game is super tecmo bowl for nes. I own the current rom version on cartridge and play it to death. The genesis versions are good(the third is the best), but no where near the nes one.
Ready! Down! Hut hut hut hut...the cutscenes were awesome in that game. that game also had measurements, something current games don't even have!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
Madden 94 and 95 are so much fun. I also like 97, but seem to be on my own with that. I have every NHL and nba game released for the genesis (ea brand) and am partial to live 96 and NHL 93 or 94...depending on the day. NHL 95 and up take a step back IMO.

The sports talk series is ok (I own them all) but I get bored with them...especially after 94 when the gameplay changed and became clunkier and blocker. The bill Walsh series is the best NCAA football, but if you get the hang of the sega sports versions, they are really fun too.

I gave my 360 to my nephew and strictly play my old systems now. I can't stand to play ten minutes of the newer games, but can play hours on the genesis. Nba live 96 is working overtime right now......
nice post! i'm glad i'm not alone on this. i play all other systems, even retro games. we've seen games evolve...then in some ways devolve on the 360 and PS3. i don't play the 360 or PS3! i prefer PC gaming and the older generation of consoles.

it's funny you mention NBA Live 96, you're talking about genesis right. you know what i've been playing? NBA Live 95 for PC!! that game is great, but starting with NBA Live 96 on PC, it went to the 3D engine. so i guess basically NBA Live 96-98 on genesis are updates to Live 95 PC without the PC presentation? but a part of me wants to play Live 96 on Genesis just to see the improvements. one thing about live 95 at least. it's really hard to play defense. the control is so loose but it's still loads of fun. do you prefer live 96 to live 95? i think i heard someone say that live 96 is the best one. do you think is live 96 on genesis better then 97 or 98?