Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #1331
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Where I am stuck is with Punt Catch Interference (PCI) slider.... I have revisited penalties influence on the game and at the present time I am playing with a zero setting for roughing kicker, and have zeroed out roughing the passer as well.... PCI I moved up to 50 to balance roughing the kicker, but once I moved to NORMAL speed, I felt I lost some of the angles and aggressiveness I liked from having the PCI and ROUGHKICK penalty sliders set so low on my Xmas sliders.... Sooooo, I started sliding PCI down in increments of 10, and right about at 36-39, it gets kinda freaky.... It seems that all of a sudden the O-Line turns into a sieve and D-lineman can just bull/swim rush themselves into the QB's lap, totally overpower the O-Line..... This solves my three/four man pressure on the QB problem, but totally unrealistic to see the O-line cave so badly.... When I go to 40 PCI, the pass rush tames itself once again and running the rock for the CPU become easier to the point of unrealistic....
Very interesting - would explain why the pass rush suddenly picked up - I put the PCI at 0. I think increasing speed also adds to the rush, playing out the animations and results more quickly. The combination really can get things going. Then adjusting holding and pass blocking can tweak the timing.

Of course, I like the heightened pass rush. I swear sometimes it's less than 3.5 seconds (on Fast anyway) but that might just be me being "Oblivious" to the pressure

I'm almost where you are with Roughing the Kicker and Passer. I have 0 for the roughing kicker, 15 (for now) for roughing passer. You have me intrigued to try just going to 0.

Yeah, football with no flags is weird. And then using the set I'm trying to mess with now that has penalty sliders up is like WTF is this? Why is the rush tame? Where's the LB aggression? LOL. Then I go to lower and have to remember (oh yeah, I'm trying to GET penalties with this one). Of course, with the no penalties, the defense can be so strong...it might be 3-0 if there were penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
The pinball effect that I am referring to and I believe other Maddenites have also seen, happens when the tackle setting passes a particular threshold, not sure of the exact number at this point, but certainly at 55 it is evident... So at 55 you see very entertaining flips and spins among other gymnastics, as a consequence of the "violent" hits on the ball carrier by a tackler.... Futz the tackle slider down to 45 and the "crazy gymnastics as a consequence of the high tackle slider" dissipate.... Dunno, maybe my eyeballs are just tired from all the lab work that was put in today...

Ooooh, that - yeah, I see that. Of course, I saw it on Slow somewhat (it probably is worse on higher game speeds because it seems like speed is somehow accounted for in the 'physics' of the game). Things happen faster, move faster and faster movement on impact...

How are the tackle rates on 45? I'm not totally adverse to trying to "pretty up" things...but I'm a production-first, so I worry about seeing too many missed tackles - both for the defenders as well as the 'extra' big plays and yards resulting from the misses.
Advertisements - Register to remove