View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #4234
The ArkanSaw
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

I've come to respect your sliders Jarodd.

BTW i would like to express a long lived myth that receivers in this game aren't aggressive enough. The problem is that while they may not jump for deep lobs a lot, the routes for most passing plays are specifically designed.

For example on a play that has CJ going on a streak, people see this as throw him a lob and pray he gets it, when in reality these routes are meant to get positioning on the safety or Cornerback.

What i have found is that these plays aren't just a normal streak route where your receiver tries to outrun the defense, but they are specially designed to try to get the WR outside positioning on the defender and not for lobs.

For example a normal streak route you would audible to is a straight line up the field. This is meant for burners to simply run upfield as fast as they can to see if they can beat the defender over the top.

On a play like X Follow however your B receiver is sent on a route that resembles a streak, But his goal is to first try to get outside positioning on him and his 2nd goal is to try to burn him.

If you notice the route looks like a dented streak route and not your typical straight line going up the field. This is meant for users to try to get an advantage over the defender so you can lead pass your WR to the outside (Towards the sidelines) if he gains the leverage and maybe if your lucky you can get a step on him and go over the top.

As for streaks, if you look at the play Hail Mary you see everyone is sent on a straight line streak to try to get behind the defense and for you to give them a lob and say your prayers.

If you understand the routes are designed for leverage reasons over the defender, Jarrods sliders on black become more fun and very entertaining because leading your receivers like a QB does in real life is needed instead of just throwing a bullet or lob pass for any route.

With your sliders certain routes that require you to lead your receiver, wont work with simply throwing the ball to him. You must lead the right way and if not then its a pick or incompletion.

As of now i put the play clock on 18 so i can read the defense and breakdown my mismatches and see how my routes develop.

Nice job Jarrod, i have mixed your sliders with Wordtobigbird's philosophies and i am enjoying the hell out of my CCM finally. Makes me feel like a true coach coming up with schemes to score and stop the CPU.