View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #70
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What's the ONE thing you must see in Madden 14 before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
This is a good question. What I think it comes down to is that each of us has a separate tolerance level for sports games. YES, I know we all want and expect sim. But there are some things that each of us individually can deal with. For example, player movement; it needs to be improved vastly and in a hurry. But player movement by itself did not ruin my experience in M10-M12. So while I was disappointed it wasn't improved for '13, I knew it wouldn't completely detract from my experience b/c I do play mostly offline.

As for my optimism, it stems from the developers recognizing it's an issue, and me embracing the likelihood that it'll get fixed. In the short term, I'll enjoy what I have and appreciate the other enhancements to the game.

The reality is that I'm no different than most that roam these boards. We'd all probably agree that Taz is the most maniacal Madden critic roaming OS. He seems to HATE the game. But each year I've been on OS, he's at some point mentioned his online league and how competing against his buds is enjoyable. He's playing the same game that you and I have access to. How's he having fun despite Madden's shortcomings?

It goes back to each of us having our own individual tolerance for what we'll deal with in a sports game, and finding our enjoyment in unique ways.
I appreciate the response and respect it. However, to the bold, I think there is a difference in making the best of a bad situation with like minded gamers and having fun with the game despite it's shortcomings. I had written an entire post about this in reply to Road but decided to just let it go. For instance, why don't statements like "I will have fun with the game despite it's ____ shortscomings" seem to come out from those in the community able to go to EA Tiburon earlier? That's essentially what I am getting at is that it would be refreshing, for me at least, to see an EAGC or CD/CE attendee after the first time at EA Tiburon state something like "Player movement, line play, penalties, injuries, etc, are untouched but aren't game killers for me anyway, so I think with the new features being added, this Madden will be an enjoyable improvement." You know, just some acknowledgement that these issues still exist and that they are in fact considered issues.

No offense but instead we seem to be given the impression that the new features and polish of the new game, somehow alleviate or mask the legacy issues. Like at23steelers stated, I don't see how people could have talked about about IE, without player movement, foot planting, animation variation, etc not being addressed, added for context. I would have thought that in someone's early preview/blog about IE, this would have been mentioned.

Anyway, it's all good man, nice to see I am not on your ignore list yet but that may all change come the M14 hype train and Groundhog Day, lol.