View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #72
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What's the ONE thing you must see in Madden 14 before you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I appreciate the response and respect it. However, to the bold, I think there is a difference in making the best of a bad situation with like minded gamers and having fun with the game despite it's shortcomings. I had written an entire post about this in reply to Road but decided to just let it go. For instance, why don't statements like "I will have fun with the game despite it's ____ shortscomings" seem to come out from those in the community able to go to EA Tiburon earlier? That's essentially what I am getting at is that it would be refreshing, for me at least, to see an EAGC or CD/CE attendee after the first time at EA Tiburon state something like "Player movement, line play, penalties, injuries, etc, are untouched but aren't game killers for me anyway, so I think with the new features being added, this Madden will be an enjoyable improvement." You know, just some acknowledgement that these issues still exist and that they are in fact considered issues.

No offense but instead we seem to be given the impression that the new features and polish of the new game, somehow alleviate or mask the legacy issues. Like at23steelers stated, I don't see how people could have talked about about IE, without player movement, foot planting, animation variation, etc not being addressed, added for context. I would have thought that in someone's early preview/blog about IE, this would have been mentioned.

Anyway, it's all good man, nice to see I am not on your ignore list yet but that may all change come the M14 hype train and Groundhog Day, lol.
Here's the thing, though. Understand I'm trying to think like Tibouron, not like a frustrated Madden gamer.

We found out Tibouron decided to take the risk and come out with IE in January. The EAGC and CD attendees visited in February, but didn't learn of IE until March.

Once March rolls around, there is 4 months left for the game to go gold. I'm not a programmer by any means, but our son is studying to be one or will be. Is it humanly possible to tackle(pun intended) foot planting, player movement, line play, penalties, etc.....? To me, that sounds like a huge undertaking, but again, not a programmer.

Maybe it was suggested and the response was, we will try to do our best to get it in or make adjustments.

Once we received the game, IE was like a bowling ball knocking down the pins. They did adjust on the first patch.

I just don't think there was enough time to address all of the needs with player movement.

If they would have fixed line play, player movement, and penalties last year and rolled IE this year, maybe 13 would have been a much better game, but those items to move games off shelves, IE does.

My take.

Last edited by roadman; 01-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.