Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #590
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdreams
I love these sliders but in my last 10 games, the CPU usually ends up with 85-95 shots while i end up with 75-85 shots. They also shoot about 35%-42% percent while i havent shot under 40%. I dont know if i have to change the defensive settings on my coaching, commit more fouls or lower the tendencies or raise or lower attributes. Do you have any suggestions?
These issues all depend on a number of different factors. How many fouls and free throws per game are you and the CPU getting? How much of the shot clock are you and the CPU using up per possession? Which type of shots are you/the CPU missing too many of (wide open shots, mid range, three point, low post, contested shots, etc).

The more info I have, the more I can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I've been using this set for a long time and I'm getting more and more realistic results. I don't know if it's because I use more clock on possessions or the CPU does, maybe both, but I used to get 120-140 point games with regularity and now get games closer to 100.

Gameplay also feels looser and more chaotic lately, so I think the latest sliders really did help with the realism.

Question: why are the verticals pumped up in the latest set? Guys were jumping a little too high on rebounds as it was. Does this effect gameplay in another area and was a necessary evil?
Yes, this was a necessary evil to increase the amount of realistic blocks. For some reason, 2k seems to have gotten the Vertical attribute to work perfectly with the Rebounding attributes, but it seems to have very little effect on the players' blocking ability.

Have you ever noticed how, when you go up for a block, your player seems to barely leave the ground? But on rebounds, the players get realistic height when they jump? In order to make blocks more realistic, Vertical had to be raised. Fortunately the negative effects of raising the Vertical attribute are almost entirely aesthetic and not functional in nature.

I'm looking to decrease Vertical slightly while maintaining the improvements to in-game blocking, so hopefully this minor inconvenience is solved soon.