View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #15
ABR173rd
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Presentation Needs to Tell the Story of the Game

This is probably one of the areas that I felt Madden has been lagging behind in for awhile. Commentary is a huge part of this. EA needs to have adaptable commentary and presentation in place that dynamically reflects every game, season, and move made within CCM.

1. Commentary needs to include all player and CPU draft class names as well as story lines.

2. Story lines needs to be adaptable- talk about a big player acquisitions during the off season or the Coach making a QB change during the season or in game.

3. When records are broken during CCM and then broken again the commentary still refers to the original record and holder versus the new previous player.

4. Opening commentary should refer to teams records during the season and the previous game the two opponents have played against each other.

5. References need to be made in game about players who are having great seasons or bad ones. Make references to cap situations and players who have rejected contracts or just resigned a new deal.

6. I traded in the off season for a 3rd season QB who has been a backup for all three seasons and made him a starter. The opening commentary refers to him as a "Veteran QB" when the QB is actually taking his first snap as a starter. Commentators should refer to the trade and how he is finally getting his first starting opportunity in the league- future games should refer to his success or failures during that season.

7. When a big time player gets injured refer to his stats on the season and talk about the player who is coming in to replace him. USING ACTUAL NAMES.

8. There should be no commentary specifically tailored to Real Life players that can't be adapted to their CPU generated counterparts.

To me this is a big reason Madden lacks character and personality. Seven seasons into a CCM the game feels extremely hollow and there is no personal attachment to the team or the specific players. In this area I will always refer back to NBA2k where the commentary seems free flowing and the story lines are extremely dynamic.

Last edited by ABR173rd; 02-04-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove