View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
maafla1
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
On the PS3..... you could buy the course for 18000 coins in the same place that your "rented" the round.... you could not get them directly, but you could purchase coins that then purchased the course..... There were also packs of courses available at discounted rates "coins".....

The model was the best way to do it.... you could get the courses in one of 3 ways...

1. Buy the course outright for instant gratification...
2. "Rent" rounds with coins earned.. then master it to have the course for free
3. Buy pin packs from the "Store" and get all gold pins on a course... that would unlock the course, master it, and give you upgrades to boost pins...

It was a great system... the down sides were all issues people had with freezes on rented rounds, things not downloading right, and the fact that EA did not do a good enough job explaining to users how ..... Which would be maafla's main issue...
My issue is this...I don't care about purchasing equipment upgrades. Those I don't mind earning. Golf courses, however, I want to be able to purchase the add-on and be able to play on it as much as I want. That was the model that TW12 offered. In my view, the model in TW13 was absolutely convoluted.