View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
zkiesel
Rookie

zkiesel's Arena

OVR: 0
No Huddle Play-Calling Tips?

Ok, so here's my problem: So many schools run some form of the no-huddle (whether it's fast-paced like Oregon, or a check-with-me like my Terps). I'm really not any good at playcalling in the no huddle. I'm much more comfortable in the pro-style playcall screen. But I want to get more comfortable with playcalling in the no-huddle.

I also rarely call plays outside of the "Ask Coach" screen. I find it keeps me grounded and realistic with my playcalling.

So here's what I want some tips on:

1. How often do you change formations in the no-huddle? If you came out in a 4WR set, do you go to 3 or 5 WR sets, or stick with 4?

2. How do you make sure to call accurate plays, and not use easy plays all the time?

3. I know people here use Oregon. I know they run a lot of read-option type plays. How do you use their playbook?

4. And lastly, my Terps run a no-huddle, check-with-me offense. Everyone rushes to the line and (90% of the time) sets, and then checks with the sideline to get the play. Is there any way to replicate that in the game?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove