View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Cras
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: defensive help please

I had been in the habit since going back to.....the 90s, of playing Madden to always take control of a DT or DE or something and just try to rush. I rarely had in the past taken control of any other position. I would occasionally when I called a play like, a CB blitz or something, and take control of him and see if I can get to the QB.

This year in Madden, and I just picked this game up a few weeks ago......this obviously is not the way to play it because seriously, all I do is rage quit this game. My franchise is stuck in week 5, I am the Bears playing the Jaguars, and it is just the most frustrating thing in the world. Like clockwork Jones-Drew just runs where ever he wants. Several games, he takes the first run to the house. Often before the 1st quarter is over, he is over 100 yards, many times he is will over 200 by half time. I rarely make it past that point since I am just so frustrated. I like a challenge, but I am stacking up everyone in the box, I dont give to licks about their passing game, their WRs can run free for all I care, I just want to stop Jones-Drew, and this scumbag still just runs right through me. My players are falling over, or getting blocked by what I can only see is the greatest O-Line in the history of this league.

I tried taking control of a safety, or the middle linebacker, and I get nowhere. It is either I get blocked, he sheds the tackle, or I manage to hold him to just a measly 8-15 yard run.

I just do not get this game, the run game is the most crazy backwards thing I have ever seen. It has been clear to me that I am not an elite Madden player anymore. I used to be able to pick up the hardest sliders around and play them, but not anymore. So I am more than willing to blame myself, but it just doesnt seem to matter. SLiders, all-pro mode, whatever, I cant stop the run.