Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #4498
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo1226
Hey Jarodd i've been reading a lot into this forum here and i was wondering if you could please help me out.

I purchased Madden 13 about a month ago and I havent enjoyed the unrealistic gameplay of it, but was hoping your sliders would change that. I have a few questions though that I would love for you to answer for me based on what you know.

1. I play offline, and ive played 2 different seasons. My first one i played on all-madden, but i bumped up all the sliders to 50/50 to make it even, but i recently read a post from you saying that changes things back to all pro, because the slider ratings equal over 75. With the season of 50/50 it was unrealisticly easy and my raider team (with terelle pyror as QB) went undefeated and won the superbowl...not fun. My question here is how did you come up with that magic number ">75 changes back to all-pro" when madden starts on default the first three sliders 25-50-50?

2. Next season i tried all-madden default, and while this is a bit tougher, its still unrealistic. Every game each team scores over 40 points, my last game the score was 62-48 or something. The problem is, the CPU cant stop me on defense, and I CANT stop the run. I predict EVERYTHING right, i shift my line to the right spot, i even guess where the run play is going so my defense runs there, but they cant break the blocks. Its really rediculous how my guys will get into a block and cant shed it to get to the running back, he literally runs around my defense and breaks for 100 yards every 5th play or so. So my question here is what sliders would you reccomend me use? Im a great player i really am, but i want my team to be good as well. I dont want to have to make EVERY play user controlled, i want my defense to shed blocks but still SOMETIMES give up big gains when i set up the defense wrong. The runblocking of 50 and my block shedding of 25 with rush defence react at 25 is not cutting it.

3. What bothers me the most is my last question. I LOVE drafting new players onto my team. But say i use your black sliders, with a pass block of 0. And then i draft an awesome Left Tackle Pass Blocker, say his rating is 90. With a slider of 0 and a rating of 90, how good will he be? Will he be average? Will he be better than a computers BAD LT? Is it even worth drafting an offensive line when the pass blocking and runblocking is so low anyway? This applies to every draft player pretty much. This is why i was trying for balanced sliders so i can feel my STAR drafted guy would be a STAR and difference maker compared to other average guys.

Im basically looking for a game as balanced as yours really, i read your scores of the playoffs you were in just now and it sounds perfect. Id prefer the black sliders but as i said i dont want my team to rely on me to make every play.

Sorry it was so long, would love the help. Thanks man.
Just because the sliders are set up like that doesn't mean it's pointless to draft good players. You still need good olineman on your team. You'll see the difference with a high rated lineman compared to a scrub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo1226
Just wanted to add that i just tried your green settings, worked pretty smoothly.

Problem that i was having was with my runblocking at 0 and their block shedding at 40 They got to my running back about 10 times right when he got the ball. My O-line isnt that great but i still think thats a bit much.
I couldnt really get anything going with the run, and my running back is adrian peterson.....

Why is runblocking and pass blocking for the user set to 0? Is it that good in madden this year to where you dont need any slider rating for it? Still wondering how good that makes my "decent" o-line now. Would decent be horrible? Good be decent? Great be good?
You must be making alot of mistakes when running inside.. Most likely you are getting the handoff and crashing directly into traffic without looking to cut it back to an open lane. If you are playing like that you will struggle all the time. You have to be patient and see where the flow of blocks are going and find the open hole. Alot of guys get the handoff and expect the hole to be open all the time where the play is originally suppose to go. I'm always looking to cut it back everytime I get the handoff. Check the replays of your running plays and I guarantee you will see open holes you could have cut it back to but you crashed into the area that was clogged. Running the ball isn't hard once you get a feel for the cutbacks..

I've always put the USER pass blocking an runblocking at 0. All you have to do is lower the CPUs pass rush and blockshedding if you are struggling with those two areas. I'm able to operate my offense at a normal rate with both of those sliders set to 0 as you can see in the highlight videos..