View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #298
ParisB
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiQ
The Nationals are no where close to the Angels? That's a laugh...

The Angels lineup may win them their division, but pitching wins championships and seeing as how the Nationals have some of the best pitching in all of baseball and a comporable lineup I would slate them as a better overall team than the Angels.

Look at the Angels rotation, Weaver is a solid ace and Wilson is good pitcher but after that what do they have, Jason Vargas career 4.35 ERA, Tommy Hanson whose fastball has decreased over 1 mph in each of the last 2 seasons (now under 90mph) it's no wonder his H/9 was 9.46 in 2012 and he gave up 27 HR's, and Blanton is a good 5th starter and that's being generous.
As for their lineup I don't see much going for them other than Trout and Trumbo. Hamilton had the highest chase rate last year in all of MLB and has been trending that way for a few years now. Pujols is aging and had his worst offensive year in 2012.

What is it you see that makes this team so insanely unstoppable that no one else comes close to them that I don't?
Umm, they were towards the top in many statistical categories, despite a brutal April where nobody hit. They have a well rounded and balanced lineup top to bottom. Lol @ the selective stat picking trying to make them into negative players.