Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #48
Kalub
Rookie

Kalub's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctulb
Impressed with Simulation difficulty so far, nice to have to really think about your shots.
Agreed. Simulation difficulty is tough. So much so that if you hit all three FIR and GIR over the 3 hole demo tournament course, it's a very rewarding feeling.

By the same token, I can imagine being half way through a great round on Simulation difficulty, blowing up for a +8 on a single hole and feeling super low.

I think that's great. It really puts a premium on deliberate, methodical play and shot preparation. And if the stress of Simulation difficulty in a tournament setting isn't challenging enough on it's own, add in a short shot clock when you're playing head-to-head with some buddies.

I don't think I'd have much success trying to setup a shot from the rough with some trees in play with only 30 seconds. I'd more than likely end up wasting all my time trying to figure out how to hit it and then end up not executing the right swing plane.

Anyway, I'm really excited for TW14, as I am for every year's release. The demo has been decent. Kinda bummed that there's no XP earning to grind through this year but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
First impressions are good. The only gripe I have is the brightness. Waaay to dark. Hope that it gets fixed in the final product.
Same here. The first game mode I played was the Arnold Legend scenario. It took place at night with rain, and I had to turn the brightness up on my display to see what I was doing. That said, I'm not bothered by it. I'll adjust it on my end if what they've done isn't to my liking.