View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #85
dkrause1971
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: first pitch meatballs....bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I understand. It looks like the average of first pitch strikes in all at-bats is around 58-62%. I can't find any stats about the strike percentage of just the first batter of an inning but I assume it's somewhat close to this maybe slightly higher. This does sound to be an issue, albeit not as large as the RTTS issue dealing with EVERY at-bat.

There is a bug report on The Show Nation site about just the RTTS first pitch bug, it has 5 votes. Maybe we should have someone make another bug report about the exhibition/franchise first pitch of each inning bug and up vote both of them if we all agree these are indeed the issues and have a consensus
This should be very easy for others to test. I am playing Texas at Toronto- Exhibition- All-Star. Simming everything but the first pitch in an inning and seeing the result to make sure. Texas pitchers have thrown their #1 pitch each inning, one was a ball. Second game was similar in that all nine were #1s again, but 3 of them were not right down the middle.

What is funny is i thought this thread was full of it when i first saw it. I didn't even notice that it was happening to me.

Bug report 10370 if anyone else would like to recommend it. I would at least like to see others test it.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 03-06-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove