View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
ubernoob

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

I just threw official in there for fun.

So I started to really enjoy the new cards coming out. We all know how it hit the bust period in the late80s-mid/late 90s. There were hundreds upon hundreds of base sets, and oversaturation pretty much killed any value from that period.

Today's offerings are pretty decent though, with Topps and Bowman being pretty much the only licensed game in town.

There are some unlicensed sets (Panini National Treasures) comes to mind that do a pretty good job, but they are high end and for the "hit hunters".

So, my collecting friends, post your prized possessions, sets that you want/are looking for and basically anything else. We can gather here to discuss.

I'll start off. Just building my collection from scratch starting about a week ago... and I already have "made" more than I have paid for them. I will start off with my nicest card.

The Trout Auto/Relic w/ a 4-color patch and #18/25
Spoiler

Followed by a Castro that is #03/10 and a Snider that is #02/10 (both are mini-card relics based on the 1975 Topps set)
Spoiler

Now I present to you: My most boring $50 card.
Spoiler

Also pulled this today. According to some people on eBay it's anywhere from 60-100. God bless short prints.
Spoiler

Last edited by ubernoob; 03-07-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove