Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #369
zukes
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, it must be a cold zone for a reason! Wise having a 2 homer game? Take a look at his career stats. First of all, he is 35 years old, and players start declining after age 31. Secondly, with contact at 40 and power at 47, I am amazed he could pull both those pitches in his cold zone for, not just hits, but home runs!

I had Adrian Gonzalez whack pitches in his hot zone, perfect timing, and all he managed was a single and fly out that wasn't even deep. Now, I am not saying Gonzalez hasn't hit a home run, but if Wise can hit 2 in one game, Gonzalez should have hit at least 2 in one game and he hasn't.

In the Play Now games, I was hitting cold zones and not one single home run. I start a franchise and whammo! What do you expect, pitchers to throw in a batter's hot zones? Sometimes I do, not often, throw in the hot zone, but that's when I am confident about a certain pitch against a batter. Mostly I do aim for cold zones. Just for the sake of clarity, I do not throw every pitch in cold zones. I do not try for a strike on every pitch.
Dude, Tuffy Rhodes hit 3 HR on Opening Day in 1994. He hit 13 in his illustrious career, 8 of them that season.

Do you want everything to work out to exact percentages, or do you want the game to be realistic. This stuff happens.