View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #183
Jet Sufferer
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Agree that some of the things for simulation aren't really simulation.

Wind, I should have full access to wind information just like I do on the golf course, can it change when I swing? yes, happens all the time.

Yardage, that should not be hidden in any manner, any good player knows how far they hit their clubs and any player of any skill level has access to yardage to hazards, carry distances, etc.

Also Love13 mentioned flag positions, always need to know this, you'll always know this in a tournament and many courses even give you quadrants on the card. Even a static view of the pin is good, although I do miss the fly-bys (think they were on Sega Genesis too!) and you can access the fly-by's in the pause menu, but who has an extra 1.3 seconds to access that!

Greens, give me the info grids until next gen, I don't want to spend forever reading putts in a game. If I can get the same read with the grids in a much quicker manner than without than I'll go gridless next gen. (To be fair I haven't spent time trying to putt gridless in 14, in 13 there was too much randomness, not enough graphical quality and I can't imagine that has changed)

I think you should have access to all information and just make the results more severe in the execution of the swing on higher difficulties.

The information and equipment is not the challenge in golf, executing what you want to do with that equipment and information is. So give us all the info we need to speed up the game and make the execution more difficult on the higher skill levels, and not by making a short shot an extreme swing path. Perhaps they're trying to compensate for the video game savants, but they're the extreme minority and they'll master whatever quirk you give them in a week anyway. Make it more logical for us video game mortals.