View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #405
ParisB
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: first pitch meatballs....bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Holy ****, I think you found a workaround for the first pitch meatball!! I played 3 RTTS games calling time before the first pitch and am now getting different pitches and a lot more balls. THANK YOU SO MUCH, this has saved RTTS for me.
Yea, same here.

At first I thought it was first pitch of every at-bat, but then I realized it was just a chain reaction all starting from the very first pitch of every inning. The 0-1 counts led to too many 0-2 counts, which led to too much chasing and too high of CPU confidence. Otherwise, if I swung at that pitch it was leading to either too many quick outs (and less pitches, more stamina, more confidence) or to too many crushed balls which spiraled the CPU out of control. It was just too many strikes strikes strikes no matter what was happening with the result.

Now, again I reiterate it was only 2 games, the games felt much more natural. I went 1-1 but was able to draw 10 walks total while keeping the CPU pitch counts/stamina/confidence to a normal level while first pitch strikes and overall strikes percentages were in the high 50% or mid to low 60%.

This looks promising because otherwise the gameplay is just about perfect for me.

The simple fix of fixing that constant
Advertisements - Register to remove