Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
It would be good, if we can figure out what each's teams tempo, fastbreak and run plays slider should be set at, and have it actually coincide with accurate NBA teams data, and also achieve realistic gameplay from that team. Like with Miami I'm guessing there tempo would be set low, but what about there fastbreak slider and run plays? I'm guessing Runplays would be set alittle high, since they do get out and run, but then what about run plays, should it be set high,low, mid? I thought someone on another thread that Miami for example run plays sliders would be high, since they actually do run alot of strict offensive sets when they do run plays?
I think it'll be easy to figure out once I get the shooting percentages close to accurate. Then it just becomes a matter of how many possessions each team has most of the league camps out at 81 - 83 ish for FGA so the variance won't be a pain in the butt.

I have to laugh because now I see the value in having run plays set to 1 for certain teams. When I first saw that in a thread I thought, "what arbitrary bull****." But now I see that it allows lower offensive tempo teams to break but reels them in pretty fast if the break isn't working.

I gotta mess around with sim engine to see where FGA land with what I have offensive tempo at currently. The problem is freethrows may be a big factor. In my current Roster there is not nearly enough charity shots.