View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #65
mr_president
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 360....Unbiased Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
It's amazing to me if this indeed a new engine from the ground up for madden, we are in for 5 more years of this garabage.

The fact is none of the gameplay issues of the game have been fixed nor do I think they can be fixed with this engine. Add all the little modes you can think of and the game still sucks.

-Line Play.......BLOWS(Quarter Defense still dominates the running game)
-Defensive Back Play.........BLOWS(Super Human DB jumps and speed burst to compensate for poor AI)
-Running Game............BLOWS(Running game is basically, take any running play and run outside.
-Tackling ...................BLOWS(3 Linebackers ready to pounce on a runningback, nah the RB goes into a break tackle animation with one of them taking him into the clear away from all of them.

Gameplay is the same old crap we have been complaining about forever only now it has a fresh coat of paint on it!

Now, Hopefully EA will over haul the whole thing to gear up for the ESPN agreement and since now their full efforts will be focused this Gen/

i agree on 1,3 and 4.....the more i played it the more things started to come to light.... my biggest gripes are the suction blocking and tackling,they are the absolute worst...
i tossed a pass into the flat, my fullback caught it and the closest defender was 5-7 yards away, after the catch, my full back looked like he got caught in a tractor beam, he just magicaly slid 5 yards to his left(no exageration),away from his momentum and right into the defenders arms...i thought it was a onetime thing until it happened several more times, and the same thing happens during the pursuit of a ballcarrier, just as you are about to make a tackle your guy turns and engages in a block...how is this ok when it wasn't ok on the xbox and ps2???
the takling is atrocious!!!
no gang takling??this an essential part of football and ea has been at this for 15+ years and they still don't have the basics down(running and takling)give a break not ea.... if they don't have the basics yet,after 15+ years why should any of us think it will make it into next years game??i am so tired of seeing an oncoming defender get hit in the ankle and fall back like he was hit in the chest with a high powered sniper rifle,this was in on the xbox and ps2, i guess it was good enough to port it over.[/sarcasm]
this is supposed to be all new from the ground up?? well the graphics are all new but the gameplay remains strikingly similar, bugs and all... how can anyone call themselves a football sim lover and accept a game with no sim aspects??we are being set up for the same things as last gen,minor upgrades and roster updates....

small gripes non gameplay:
no net behind the goal post
no rumble feature...is there a way to turn it on or is that gone as well??
player interaction is horrible,i feel so disconnected from this game while playing it.
forget playing online.
same old cutscenes of the QB breaking the huddle(why do they all look so angry??)
the jumbotron is a joke after the 10th time.
and yes i bought it played it extensively and i have since taken it back for a full refund

Last edited by mr_president; 11-30-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove