View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #51
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

In the spirit of not looking like I don't know what I'm talking about I want to do a roll call thing of things I've learned since the first post:

- Raising run plays above 0 allows for freelance time before a play is called after a defensive rebound. The time allowed for freelance seems to be in proportion to how high you raise run plays. If a play is not called that means the CPU has scored on you (or at least tried to).

- Offensive tempo while in the freelance mode determines how much the ball will move around, how willing a player is to score coming off a screen or a pick, etc.

- Fastbreak is King when run plays is above 0. It operates separately from the tempo slider and if your crash boards tendency is too high they will lob pass you even when the fastbreak tendency is at 0. Getting back on defense is super important this year.

However once the CPU is done trying to cram the ball down your throat hole the game plays better with Run Plays above 0.

Fun things I've learned about the coach profile:

Turn down attack the basket. Probably to 1. The game does a good enough job trying to score in the paint. This slider is only for the Denver Nuggets and even then no higher than 30.

Adjusting any of the shoot from locations effects play calling in addition tendencies. Higher Take 3pt means they will call those plays more. But the player will not always take that shot that is a tendency thing.

Also (despite my best efforts) certain plays will not be called by the CPU. 90's Golden State Warriors have two awesome pick and roll 3pt plays that the CPU will not run no matter how much you try.
Advertisements - Register to remove