View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Sweed
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Auto baserunning??

I use auto baserunning and auto fielding with me making the throws. For the baserunning, as has been said, it is too easy to run oneself out of an inning and in some situations it just becomes a joke ruining what would be a good game. I do think the AI does a decent job of running the bases for me. I look at it as leaving it to the basecoach and a player that may run through a stop sign. The only thing I do is on occasion increase a baserunner's lead and have them steal or be on the move for a hit and run.

Using autofielding also makes the game play more as it should. Shots down the line, that I would never have a chance of making a play on with my 3b-man, are at least possible with autofielding. I'm simply not quick enough to react and hit the dive button to make the spectacular plays. Hence without autofielding my team is at a distinct disadvantage. Autofielding lets players play to their ratings rather than my reaction or lack of reaction ability.

Too me the game becomes more enjoyable being able to delegate these two things. The options are there for a reason, there is no shame in using them.