View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #659
jonination
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Well I just finished my most ridiculous game ever playing The Show. Had no idea that after writing that post berating the pregame presentation, I'd be caught in a MARATHON.

Playing the Royals as the ChiSox and going for the opening series sweep, I'd taken a 3-0 lead to end the 3rd inning--business as usual in this series. 5th inning, Giancarlo Stanton (Gotta love fantasy drafts, suck it Madden) let a blooper through his glove, sparking a 3 run inning by KC. Nobody would score again until the 14th.

We each put up a single run in the 14th, myself stranding only my 2nd and 3rd baserunners to their 10th at the time. In the next inning, with bases loaded and one out, I make a major gaffe fielding a grounder to third and NOT throwing home, and a runner scores on the failed DP attempt. Then I make another gaffe in the bottom frame, with runners on the corners, forgetting how to make the BR on first steal and stay the one on third. Doesn't matter, I get the BR on 2nd home eventually, still a tie game.

The game log doesn't track past the 16th inning, apparently, for anyone who cares. 17th, the game seemingly is TRYING to end the game, as my pitcher turns erratic and I walk the bases loaded (8 walks in this game, never thrown so many in a game) and surrender another run. Stanton redeems himself in the bottom half with a moonshot to left-center on a hanging curve. 18th, walk the bases loaded AGAIN, but force a pop and my 18th K to get out of it.

Bottom half, PH Kyle Seager sends a first pitch meatball over straight center to end the game to "Welcome to the Family" by Avenged Sevenfold. Ha!!! (FTR, the meatballs in this game were terrible til I turned the CPU first pitch strike/accuracy slider down to 1. Tempted to go to 0 after the way this ended.)

So F/18

Kansas City 6 21 1
Chicago 7 16 1

Best parts, besides Vas's grumbling about the game length: Play being postponed for a beachball on the field, and Vas grumbling about the irony of an early April game and beachballs whilst grabbing his coat and a coffee...and the PA announcer giving the final linescore for KC, "6 runs, on a whoooooole lot of hits." haha

My whole pitching staff is shot, no way I'm winning tomorrow against Seattle. 3-1, here I come. Thanks for reading.