Old 03-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #354
VonRye
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatheifer
You playing with Timing hitting? I am. I just played my first game on Veteran hitting post-patch and it seemed a little harder. I swung and missed more and the timing window seemed shorter.
I can't buy a hit now. My BA has dropped over 100 pts in the past month of RTTS, and I've hit 2 HR the entire month of May after hitting 6 in April.

I'm way out in front of EVERYTHING...doesn't matter if it's Fastball or Change Up. And even when it feels like I timed it well, I have no power and it feels like I hit it off the end of the bat or the handle. I'll turn up the pitch speed and see if that works, otherwise I'll just forgo realism and crank my contact and power sliders way up. I don't have the time or patience to spend hours going 1-for-4 with a single every game.

One more thing...the ribbon scoreboard in CF at Safeco make it impossible to hit in day or late-afternoon games because the colors are white and teal. The ball gets washed out completely and it;s just a guessing game as to where the ball is until it's on top of you.