View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #522
No Pressure
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
I can't wait to download the set, unfortunately I have to wait because I decided to wait for the next set so all mistakes are taken care of and rosters are true to opening day. Thanks for the time and effort you gentlemen put forth in engineering this roster.

I've got a question no one has asked and it'd be nice if someone with actual knowledge of this can answer...
I understand there are a few players that have played in the majors before but weren't on the default roster and you guys took it upon yourselves to create those guys (Bonderman for example). When you go about creating the next version of these rosters. Do you wait for the opening day roster update offered by SCEA and then inport the minors onto those rosters, or do you just use the same default rosters? I'm curious because I prefer seeing real pictures on players on their respective major league teams (not that I don't like generated faces) and if SCEA is updating these rosters with their actual faces, I'd prefer this roster offered to us with the OSFM imports.

Also, I noticed SCEA went ahead and even adjusted some player's ratings with the first roster update, probably making them more where they should be. Also, players like Phile Coke, who was created as a righty by mistake would have been fixed. I'd prefer it if you went with the SCEA opening day roster drop that will come out on Monday and import your created minors onto those. Thanks for reading...
If you're already willing to wait, I'd wait for one of the hybrid rosters to come out. It's basically combing major league player edits with this roster. Im really not sure how OSFM handles thier base roster, but the roster that came out of the box was pretty solid. I get what you mean about player photos but with the face generation feature this year, I don't even use real player photos in my franchise. Once I get a roster with in depth MLB player edits to go along with this minor league roster, I don't think I can really ask for anymore.