View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #160
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
It such a relief that you don't get mad at disagreements.

I don't want to draw too many conclusions from one run threw but I think we can definetively say that fastbreak is something that can not be edited from player tendencies.

We have polar opposite levels of aggression (still working on defining DTL) but we ended up with virtually the same fastbreak points.

To me that means that fastbreak points can only be tinkered with through the fastbreak slider and offensive tempo.

What reasons do you have for Shane's performance? Maybe he was just feeling it. Is there a slider for "feeling it" lol
I don't know of any player tendencies that directly effect FB opportunities. I do think that a combination of the FB/Offensive Tempo/Run Plays, and to some extent, Quickness Slider effect FB opportunities. Personally, I think that the Quickness Slider needs to be at 0, which is where I have it in my slider set. One of the things that the Quickness Slider effects is a player's jog speed, which is REALLY fast in the game. With this at 0, it really gives contrast between Quickness (jogging/walking among other things) and Speed (sprint).

I'm not sure about Shane. I the current game (4th quarter, 9 minutes left), he has taken a combined 17 shots in 47 minutes (5-5 on one team and 4-12 on the other), and 9 of those shots have been 3's. He spots up a lot on the permimeter and has a high 3PT tendency, so those are both reasons why, I'd guess.

Man, I ain't sweatin' disagreements. No theory is good unless it can withstand testing.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.