Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #180
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Ha! You can influence (to some degree, and I'm not 100% certain on this) what players do on the FB but you can't make them FB through individual player tendencies. I am wondering if Attack the Basket is an on ball tendency and if DTL is an off-ball tendency. I am thinking they work that way.

If so, raising Attack the Basket would make players drive to the rack like a jailbreak and raising DTL would influence players to crash the basket without the ball when running a break and possibly when setting a pick in FL PNR. I'm pretty sure that set PNR plays have options built in to tell the pick setter whether to fade/roll/pop and that those options MAY override individual player tendencies that would influence that behavior. I'm not sure about that, though.
Attack the basket was my next talking point for your 2 games did you have it set to 20?

I was doing some testing with pick and roll in regards to play calling (check out my findings in the "how to make teams play . . ." Thread) I found that the plays design is kind of set in stone but the likely hood of certain pick and roll being called for certain pick and roll men is based off of DTL. (That's a point for you in the off ball tendency department).

Basically I lowered Tim Duncan's drive the lane tendency into the 20 because auto play calling was not choosing the pick and fade mid plays. And that worked like a charm.